• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Why I won't be skiing much this year.

Greg

Staff member
Oh my. I'm so sorry Jens. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through right now. There's really nothing any of us can say. Be strong for your children. This is terrible. :(

Mildcat

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you get all the strength you need to get through this.

I am so sorry for your loss..what you're going through is the hardest thing..and I really hope you have lots of friends and family around for support..

WJenness

:-( My deepest condolences Jens.

Words are so insufficient at times like these.

If there's anything I can do, please don't let me know.

-w

Warp Daddy

Jens,i cannot lucidly express to you just how much i feel for you and your children . This is life's most difficult blow

As i look at your wife and child's picture, her eyes absolutely capture the depth of love and the tender joy that must have dominated your brief but truly magnificent partnership. You were blessed to have such a beautiful person in your life . Beauty of the everlasting kind, my friend , the kind that is both intrinsic and extrinsic . You will be given the strength to carry the light of her spirit .

Know that tonite she rests in a better place and that her strength will be imprinted in both you and your children for the rest of your time here . Let YOUR goodness continue to shine upon others and it WILL reflect back upon you manyfold

Be at peace -----------you were her light too when she called upon you

Prayers and vibes to you all

Warp

Sky

Pal....You know I never looked real hard in here to see if you'd posted this issue, the progress...and now this devastating news.

Only now did I start to hunt for it in earnest. With the passing of Colleen...and all these friends posting their support, it's no surprise I found it right up front.

Please post the arrangements, favorite flowers, donations in lieu of, etc so we can show support to you and your family.

JG

Sky

Some very nice sentiments here folks.

Pardon me while I share with Jens and you.

Henry Van Dyke

I am standing by the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch
until at last she hangs like a peck of white cloud
just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!
Gone where? Gone from my sight - that is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the places of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
'There she goes! ' ,
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout :
'Here she comes!'

God's Speed Colleen Garvey Kueter

2knees

Although no words i know can help, realize that you have people here willing to help in any way possible. My prayers for you and your family.

Pat

deadheadskier

Staff member
Jens, peace be with you and your family. I am so sorry my friend. Whatever you need brother....we are all here for you.